Thursday, January 21, 2016

Another excuse to buy candy.

In mid-project I decided to organize my ribbons.
It was a well needed 

I decided that I wanted to be able to easily browse my ribbons and notions.

I also wanted to buy gummy Sharks.

So I up-cycled the cardboard container for the gummy into a ribbon holder. 


So neat and tidy~ 

For this tutorial you'll need

~unruly ribbons~
~a candy box~
~scissors~
~and tape~

First you cut off the sides of your box 



Then you use some kind of straight edge to mark were your notches will  go.



I used the skinny side of the box. Even though there was a perfectly good ruler in the drawer next to me. 

 Oh well. 

Cut your notches. 


Tape your ribbon to the card. It makes it easier to wrap it. 


Then you just wrap it and tie it off when you get to the end of the ribbon. 




Cerial boxes work just as well, but candy is more fun! 

How do you store your ribbons? I have seen lots of great methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate