Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Homecoming and lace

My significant other invited me to homecoming and I didn't have a thing to wear!

Well I sorta did....



Oh hi mom
I had a swoonworthy skirt and a creme tank top. 

Not quite homecoming appropriate. 
I had a week and eight dollars.

so I decided on making a versatile overlay that I could wear to homecoming and with shorts in the summer. 

I picked up this lace at JoAnn's I used my handy dandy 50% off coupon and bought just a sliver



 (and used every scrap!)

I planned it out to be sleeveless and to drape over my shoulders with a head hole and two side seams. 




I layered my favorite tank top over the fabric with the folded end on the shoulder seam. 

Then I cut the lace ever so carefully and scalloped the neckline and straps




Like so~
Took forever! And boy was it terrifying... It felt like performing surgery.




But it was oh so rewarding~ 
I treated all of the scalloped edges with liquid stitch.

 It's a Latex fabric glue that's GREAT for treating edges and corners that seem weak to you. 



I highly recommend it.

All that I had to do was stitch up two seams!



Tucked in it's a classy overlay




Un-Tucked and it's got a killer Stevie Knicks vibe to it. 


Or maybe Stevie Knicks's grandma.

And it sparkles~






No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate