Friday, January 1, 2016

A late costume

In my recent absence I actually got a bit of sewing done, I just haven't been taking good pictures. 

Sorry. 

So obviously for Halloween I made my own costume. 
How could I resist?


Sorry for the low camera quality.

But doesn't it read a bit star-wars? 

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/s2Z2cpvIYWNaw" width="480" height="199" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/star-wars-fighting-geek-s2Z2cpvIYWNaw">via GIPHY</a></p>

The fabric is a polyester tablecloth from goodwill and some "no pill" brown fleece from Walmart. The brown trim around the edges is "satin blanket binding" also from Walmart. 

AND THE BUTTONS 



 I got these beauties at a going-out-of-business sale. 

oh! and even though i was crazy busy I managed to take a picture while I was in the progress of making the cloak! 


I evened out that uneven length when I hemmed it, don't worry!

Everything else was just clothing that I already had in my closet. Along with a pretty stellar paint job ;) 



sadly I only have two pictures from the night I wore it. And both of them are from snap-chat. 

When will I learn!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate