Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pants party

As you know if you read this post I recently Costumed 1776 the musical. 
And that means I sewed pants.

Colonial era pants.   




I forgot about these more or less until I brought them up to my Insta buddy Kate.
She was intrigued, as she should be.
So I held a fashion shoot and brought sexy back to the colonial era!


via GIPHY


Honestly I feel like the world would be a better place if there were more fun pants!



I drafted the pattern myself, it's just two seams and three channels with elastic strung though.

Oh and look at that Jabot~


 And this one will have a matching hat eventually. 
There's a bit of a side project in the works.
*cough cough* You- Tube mini series *cough cough*



The man that wore thes in 1776 managed to rip them three times... 


But whats a musical without some ripped seams and frayed nerves!
and My lovely assistant Annette helped me though all of the rough patches.

She also sewed three pairs of pants! 

I have some odd things lurking in my closet 



What strange things do you have hiding in your closet?


1 comment:

Translate