Monday, February 15, 2016

cloche Hats~

Who doesn't love hats!

Jerks that's who!

I Scoped out the inter-webs and found a free pattern with KILLER instructions

And I made three right away! 

One wool in size 25"



A brown canvas hat in size 24". 



And a "big sister" in the same fabric but made in size 25". 


I opted not to use interfacing, my fabric was stiff and I wasn't in the mood for a Walmart run.
I'll let you know if I later regret the decision.

But I'm sure you are all wondering about the juicy construction details!
The construction was simple, the hardest part is attaching the lining and brim. 
I just treated the brim like it was bias tape and stitched it in that way. 


This pic is probably a bit confusing to look at but I have the lining inside the hat and it's being sewn in with the brim. 

After connecting the brim I stiched it down and it turned up looking like top stitching. 



I'm planning on decorating them somewhat simply. 

But since I don't know which costumes they will be paired with I'm going to hold off on that a bit.

But they will be extravagant!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate