Thursday, March 31, 2016

I'm Just So Biased~

So lately I have been very busy, so I haven't had too much sewing time. 

So I have been focusing on little bedsores and the building blocks of my sewing supply. Namely bias tape. 


Maybe if I pose with it it will look like more of an accomplishment...

I'm new to making bias tape, and I'll tell you there is a learning curve!
But once you get the hang of it it's super easy. 

I like to cut continuous bias tape. 
And to store my homemade bias tape I have a little trick! 

I take the cardboard insert on the inside of the fat quarters and fold it in half.
I cut out a rectangle on the middle and two on the sides like so. 



And I do not use fabric scissors!! 


Then you slip your bias tape into the hole in the center, fold the cardboard in half again and wrap your tape onto your holder. 


Once it's all wrapped up it should look like this~ 



I like to make three sets of continuous bias tape at once.
And then I wind up with little families. 



Nifty and organized! 

Do you have any fun tricks that you use bias tape for?
Do you have any favorite Bias related projects?

I would love to hear from you crafty cats.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate