Tuesday, March 22, 2016

10 Reasons to Love This Romper

This is my go to summer outfit,
when parried with a thrift store stretchy belt I feel like I can take on the frigging world. 

See that seat, take it. 
And let me show you 10 reasons why I love this Romper,


First off,
It's good for long-boarding, adventuring and just chilling with my friends! 

Here is some photo evidence that I do indeed have friends to chill with,

bonus points for the long-boarding shot.



Secondly, it's sentimental.
This lining is an up-cycled tunic from Jesus Christ Superstar.
It was worn on stage by a good friend and personal Hero of mine named Bob.

Bob is awesome.

 And third, It looks so lonely when it's not on my body :(



Just looking at it all sad and empty makes me want to fill it and dance around...

I made this romper before I knew about interfacing. So I dropped the ball on the flap part here.


 But let's all focus on the nice hand stitching! 
It took like an hour and I can't remember why I was so determined...
But it looks cute! 
(which is the fourth reason I love it) 

Oh and did I mention? 
This pattern was self drafted~ 


Which is numbers five through nine of why it is so great.

Is it perfect? No.

There is some gaping in the neckline and I didn't put in any pockets :/ 
But I practically live in it!

And number ten, I spent no money making it!
the snaps were found laying around in my sewing chest,
I drafted the pattern,
and this fabric was lovingly donated by my stash busting neighbor. 
thanks Dawn!


And....Even more good news,
 I still have some left! 



Any ideas on what this should be? 

Leave your suggestions below and I'll see if any of them strikes chord :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate