Saturday, March 19, 2016

In lieu of Flowers

Have I mentioned my significant other? 

Well he gets me roses quite a bit. 

And I love them so much that they wind up drying up before I'm willing to even consider throw them out.


So pretty, but so dead.

And I'm sentimental so throwing my surplus dried roses away just feels wrong to me

Also I feel the need to somehow thank my boyfriend for the lovely bouquet. So I decided to make rose petal sugar scrub.


It's actually pretty nice.



I used 
~half a cup of sugar 
~three table spoons coconut oil
~a tablespoon (ish) of olive oil

I mixed two batches, one with less olive oil and one with more. 

I took the picture below to compare the recipes.


On the left is the batch where I used only the a half tablespoon. It has the consistency of snow. 

On the right is a more moisturizing, soupy scrub. 
This one I kept for myself 
(dry skin and all that...) 

And then the fun part! 



I ripped about six petals each off of a rose and I just missed the whole petals in with a spoon. They were really dry so the petals broke up and mixed in well. 


So since I found something I could do with the flowers I wanted to do something with the stems.

 So I gave them to my bunny. 


Mr. Darcy approved! 

So I saved all of the stems and leaves in a bag for for him to snack on later. 


What shall I make with these flowers next~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate