Thursday, March 10, 2016

Pants and failure

I grew out of most of my pants when I joined cheer

Three years ago...

And I only just started addressing the issue. 

So I found some scrap fabric and sims old skinny jeans and went to work! 

The outside seams were unpicked and I left the hem. 
Because I'm lazy~ 


This is what I had after unpicking the outer seams on both legs and laying it out flat. 

Then I took my DREAMY scrap fabric, courtesy of my sister, and made panels the length of my legs.


And since my pants were already hemmed I hemmed my panels as well.


Look at how nice that hem is!

I stiched them in and felt a hunger to do more! So I decided to try to add pocket depth! 


It was confusing and a pain in the butt. I made a little pouch and I stitched that into the existing pouch. 


Unfortunately this wasn't as simple of a project as I thought it would be. 
And they certainly didn't turn out like I hoped they would!



They are baggy in places now...and the butt aria is still too small. It should be a smidge longer to fit over my buns.

 But the pocket was a success! 



I guess I can fix this but right now I'm suuuper tired. 





Till next time crafty cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate