Wednesday, May 11, 2016

My Dye Bath Blunder

I desperately wanted a pastel grayish blue nightgown and pantie set. 

I had my rit, I had my various fabrics and my pot. I thought I was ready. 



I had nylon and spandex lace 


FOE from my usual place. 


And some silky polyester. 


I put it in my pot and boiled it with a minimal amount of supervision. 


My stretch lace responded swimmingly to the dye, it turned the color of denim jeans right way. 

And I must say it held the color beautifully 



The satin and the FOE however reacted in a strange way....

They turned lavender or lilac. 



I'm sure I'll get use out of the foe, but I'm not quite sure about the satin. I just have two fourth yard bits. 

My original plan wound have used all three together just fine. But now they clash...so I suppose I'll have to find a new plan. 

Until then, stay savvy friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate