Monday, May 23, 2016

Your Panties Should be Personal

I have been wanting to try my hand at print making for some time! 

So I decided that the perfect first project would be a pair of panties. 

Since they're small and if I screwed up hardly anyone would have to look closely. 

I started with this pair that I drafted for my friend Becca. 


And then I set to work carving away! 

I decided I would make stamps of some of her favriote things. 


Which also happen to be my favriote things! Doughnuts, pizza long boards and the word "booty"

Pro tip, when carving words, you my mat carve them backwards so the print will read frontwards. 

And if you carve it correctly the first time you don't have to carve it twice... 

I used paint from my local pat catan's, "wicker white"  is the name of it. 


It's nice, it stretches nice and it dries soft. It really becomes one with the fabric. 

Now I won't share my process with you, because I am no profesional. 

But my results are decent enough. 


I have some sloppy bits but, I really like the way it turned out. 


Oh and the story behind the "booty" stamp. 

Becca introduced me to this beautiful gem of a song, and it's been a running joke ever since!


And this joke will live on in the form of panties forever. 

Unless of course I did the heat setting wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate