Monday, May 2, 2016

My Go-to Resources For Underthings

If you follow me here at the classy savage  you know that I am a poor broke student, trying to hone my skills and shrink my foot print on the world. 


So I search high and low for resources that I can justify spending what could go toward tuition on fabrics and whatnot.
It's hard for me to find stores and resources that cater to broke
So I figured I would sing the praises of the stores that I love. 

As well as confessing just how much I pick up from wall-mart...



Fabric 


Well there's a great article that talks about the requirements for lingerie fabric. 

I find a good supply at my local Walmart 
Go figure

And if I can't find it at Walmart I make the journey to Joann's 

Findings 


I'll level with ya'll, I wish I could lie to you and say that I only use super pretty rose gold rings and sliders.
But honestly I pretty much just steal the rings and sliders off of old bras that bite the dust. 



But some day, I will go to black bird fabrics, and I will justify buying a whole handful of silver sliders and rings. 

But until that day, I shall remain a scavenger. 



Elastic 


Ok, so I saved the best for last. 
My favorite place for fold over elastic is bowtiqueemilee. They are fantastic. They have every color you could imagine, sold by the five yards for only $1.50!! If that's not a bargain then I don't know one. 

And this store has fancy elastic! But I haven't gotten around to ordering anything. I just scroll through and drool~ 

Most of the time braided elastic does the trick for me, I pick it up at Walmart, but I'm probably going to buy a roll of it since I use so much. 



Well those are all of my go to shops and what have you.

I'm not sure if this post is a humble brag about how much control I have on my spending, or a confession that will isolate me from the rest of the sewing community...




I'll let you decide...

I'm sure that all of you have a supply wish list as well. What items have you been drooling over? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate